The Senior Counsel, Gathering & Processing reports to the Managing Counsel – Transactions, Projects & Procurement and will work with colleagues in these areas of a large corporate law department in a publicly traded, international energy company.
Responsibilities May Include
- Providing legal advice to The Company’s Gathering & Processing staffs and management, as well as corporate management, to ensure risks are adequately identified and addressed in agreements and compliance with the laws and regulations of the federal government and state and local governments as may apply.
- Providing sophisticated legal advice for large scale midstream projects and transactions, with an emphasis on gathering and processing and regulated midstream assets.
- Collaborate with and support the company’s midstream business unit, including negotiating and drafting gas gathering and processing agreements, gas purchase agreements, and related midstream contracts.
- Managing outside counsel retained in connection with the provision of such advice, services, and documentation.
- Providing direction to management in the design, development and implementation of policies and procedures to respond to government initiatives for the purpose of proactively managing legal risk.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- J.D. degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Licensed by state law to practice in Oklahoma or Texas, or a state that grants reciprocity
- 8 or more years of experience in energy commodity transactions
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the midstream area with an emphasis in natural gas, NGLS, gas & processing, and pipelines
- Extensive knowledge in commercial transactions and business development
- Superior negotiation, advocacy, and presentation skills
- Mature judgment and discretion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal business clients, support staff, and with external resources such as outside counsel and other collaborators
- Ability to represent the Company before regulatory agencies or other external contacts
Please send resume in MS Word to Kim Pratel or Kamile Prochaska at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com