Our client, an AmLaw 100 global law firm is searching for an Affordable Housing Paralegal in Austin. WORK FROM HOME 1 day/week.
General Statement of Duties:
The Austin office of The Firm LLP has an immediate opening for a Paralegal in the Affordable Housing practice group. Responsibilities include: document management, performing routine and advanced tasks as an aid to attorneys in a complex and productive real estate practice. Additionally, this position is expected to utilize knowledge within the specialized area to perform legal research, document drafting and technical procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and assemble electronic closing binders, updates them and interacts with clients to respond to client requests
- Draft simple closing documents and organizational documents
- Draft and submit applications and process requests to governmental agencies
- Perform factual research at government agencies via the internet
- Organize and maintain complex transaction files and closing checklists
- Process due diligence and assist attorneys with closings, including but not limited to, assembling documents for closing and handling post-closing delivery requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and governmental agencies
- Process invoices in firm accounting system
- Prepare property tax exemption requests and track status with various appraisal districts
- Provide non-profit client support for ongoing property records and regulatory filings
- File clerk management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- 6+ years’ of relevant experience in Real Estate practice area
- Knowledge of corporate organization and structure, including various forms of entities and applicable filing with Secretary of State and Comptroller
- Familiarity with basic documents associated with real estate acquisitions and loan financing
- Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Must possess client interfacing skills and have deal and people management skills
- Intermediate advanced experience with Microsoft Office 2010, Outlook, PDF, Word and Excel
- Must be available to work overtime when needed and as requested
Supervisory Responsibility – This position does not have any direct reports.
Work Environment – This position operates onsite in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel – Little travel is expected for this position.