Duvera’s client, one of Houston’s top 5 global law firms has an immediate need for a Manager of Operations and Facilities for their Houston office located downtown.
The Manager of Operations & Facilities is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Houston office building, including working with a team of technicians, engineers and other staff who work together to ensure that facilities remain clean, safe and well maintained. The manager works closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the firm’s Directors of Administration on operations policies and facilities issues across the firm.
- Collaborate with leadership and other departments to understand business objectives for the operations team and identify relevant data and metrics
- Work closely with the firm-wide procurement coordinator
- Review, update and implement policies, as necessary
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Houston building management
- Oversee both short and long-term facilities projects, including serving as the project manager for office buildouts and remodels to ensure efficiency and conducted within budget
- Maintain physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment
- Receive, manage, and process maintenance orders and liaises with building personnel and outside vendors for routine maintenance of firm space
- Facilitate space planning and internal office moves to ensure the best utilization of workspace and resources
- Provides oversight of the special services, mailroom and conference services teams.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Inspect and maintain electrical, plumbing, air conditioning and landscaping on the premises
- Collaborate with building inhabitants to set safety protocols, plan new projects, and perform repairs
- Schedule janitorial services to keep the building’s interior attractive and hygienic
Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the office
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
Please note, this position is 100% on site. The firm offers excellent benefits and paid parking or transportation allowance.
Please attach resumes in MS Word to kim.pratel@duveraconsulting or firstname.lastname@example.org