Duvera’s client, an outstanding global law firm with offices across the US, Europe and Asia is searching for a Corporate Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary in their Houston office.
- Types, formats, edits and finalizes documents, including correspondence, memoranda, agreements, etc., in accordance with the Firm’s document formatting standards, using a PC with a word processing package and other Firm software.
- Enters, proofreads for accuracy and posts lawyers’ time diaries on a daily basis (as received from assignments).
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including air, hotel and car for lawyers and clients. Processes lawyers’ travel expenses.
- Proofreads all documents, correspondence, etc., to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax. Checks to ensure accuracy of jobs sent to duplicating service.
- Coordinates conferences, meetings and appointments for lawyers and clients. Schedules conference rooms and food service.
- Maintains the calendar of meetings and business trips for assignments. Apprises assigned lawyers of their schedules in advance of their commitments.
- Coordinates the prompt production, processing and delivery of assignments’ work products through Reprographics, i.e. duplicating, messenger and telecommunication services.
- Coordinates client billing with billing services, as needed.
- Maintains all client files on a daily basis in accordance with standards set by Records Management Center. Maintains other files, as needed.
- Performs a variety of secretarial functions, including processing new client/matters and expense reports, preparing notebooks and exhibits, etc.
- Enters all daily tasks into the Quest task tracking system.
Houston office hours are 8:30 – 5:00; 37.5 hour standard work-week. Please note that this role is 100% onsite. Will support a combination of partners and associates in the Energy and Tax groups. Will support an average of 6 lawyers. Primarily transactional.
Position is non-exempt and therefore eligible for additional pay for hours worked over 37.5 per week. Also eligible for annual performance bonus and merit increase in April (starting in April 2024). They also offer excellent benefits including a PENSION!