The Company is seeking an experienced transactional attorney to provide legal advice on key initiatives including project development, strategic partnerships, and corporate venture capital investments to our carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) business segment. This is an opportunity to gain experience with new and unique legal issues associated with an emerging, dynamic, and rapidly growing field. The corporate counsel will report to the Assistant General Counsel (AGC) and work with the AGC and other members of the legal and business teams. While the corporate counsel’s role will focus on the CCS business segment, the role will also support other transactional matters within The Company’s organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day legal support to the The Company’s Low Carbon Solutions (TLCS) business unit and build relationships with business partners by providing timely, concise, and commercially focused legal advice.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including joint venture/partnership/LLC/shareholder agreements, investment agreements, master services agreements, transportation agreements, offtake agreements, supply agreements, consulting agreements, intercompany agreements, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, and term sheets as they relate to TLCS and the The Company’s CCS business.
- Assist with and manage complex transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and partnership arrangements.
- Review and analyze obligations under various corporate transaction documents.
- Manage the activities of external counsel to ensure proper, timely and cost-effective support and protection consistent with The Company policies.
- Support AGC and General Counsel in their respective roles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience; experience in energy/oil & gas preferred.
- Juris Doctorate and active membership in the Texas State Bar required.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Active membership in the Texas State Bar required