The Business Applications Manager is responsible for overseeing the use of various software application systems used by the firm. Specifically:
- Intake and Conflicts (InApp Intake and Integration Builder or similar)
- Ethical and Security walls (IntApp WallBuilder or similar)
- Terms of Engagement (IntApp Terms)
- Backup support for Financial System (Thomson Elite 3E, Chrome River and other accounting systems)
The role will ensure that the above-mentioned software is designed/developed, deployed correctly, and continue to lead technical support and improvements. The Business Application Manager will identify new processes, and software systems that could be useful to the firm, while continually evaluating new uses for existing software. The Business Applications Manager will work with the IM and KM departments with the goal of effectively managing the firm’s software applications as well as software and system upgrades. This position will have a deep working relationship with Finance and Accounting, and Office of General Counsel to maintain related systems and processes. In addition to supporting back-office departments, the position will also be the subject matter expert and subject matter expert for intake, and ethical wall systems for the administrative staff and help desk.
This Manager will also support the integration of information between intake and other systems – including, accounting/time and billing, firm portal, document management system, and other systems that rely on client and matter information.
The Business Applications Manager should have excellent technical and communication skills, an attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines.
Primary Responsibilities Support systems related to new business intake, client and matter information, and other workflow systems Support Finance and Accounting, Office of General Counsel, Records Management, and other departments regarding client and matter information Troubleshoot and resolve any problems with business application software Make recommendations and manage upgrading or replacing existing systems Assist in training employees on the use of any new software applications and support process improvement Work with other technical teams (deployment/desktop services, trainers, and network/infrastructure) to maintain health of business software systems Assist practice areas and business departments with the implementation and upgrading of systems/software, and processes Monitor the roll-out of new software applications to ensure effectiveness and efficiencies Create and oversee protocols and procedures for the use of any new software applications Analyze business operations and the firm’s practice areas and determine which software applications could improve efficiency Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest software developments Skills / Abilities
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in programming, computer science, business or a related field is required
- Broad working knowledge of computer systems and business processes
- Experience with database management and project management
- Excellent technical skills
- Expertise in troubleshooting technology and process problems
- Continually maintain expertise around area of responsibility (through training, and general knowledge improvement)
- Embrace a can-do attitude and maintain a documented environment
- Ability to remain up to date with the latest software developments
- Strong leadership, management, and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communications skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Please send resume in MS Word to Kim Pratel or Kamile Prochaska at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org